David Kross
David Kross
David Kross
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

StartseiteGalerieSuchenNeueste BilderAnmeldenLogin

the reader's succes in us?

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Nick
Neu
Neu
Nick

Männlich
Anzahl der Beiträge : 13

the reader's succes in us? Empty
BeitragThema: the reader's succes in us?   the reader's succes in us? EmptyMi Feb 25, 2009 1:15 pm

I have a question about the succes from the reader in us cinema's

If i look at youtube i find kate sitting in shows at ellen or david. Everybody say's that they haven't seen the reader yet. Also Hugh Jackman mentioned during the oscar's opening scene that he haven't seen it. They talk in every show about Revolutionary Road.

It looks to me that there is not a big kind of interest for the reader by the us

Zuletzt von Nick am Mi Feb 25, 2009 6:21 pm bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Simon
Admin
Simon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 350

BeitragThema: Re: the reader's succes in us?   the reader's succes in us? EmptyMi Feb 25, 2009 1:59 pm

Really...? scratch I thought they also talked about "The Reader"...(eg. Oprah?)
But I think a lot of people are more interested in "Revolutionary Road" because of the Kate/Leo Comeback.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.davidkrossfans.com
genieinabottle
David Fan
David Fan
genieinabottle

Anzahl der Beiträge : 102

BeitragThema: Re: the reader's succes in us?   the reader's succes in us? EmptyMi Feb 25, 2009 3:26 pm

Nick is right. It is indeed a pity that the US market has not embraced The Reader as the film deserves. The US market loves “Batman Forever” type of movies. All the batman fans were very upset about The Reader Oscar nomination. They believe that the Reader took the Batman’s spot on the nomination list.

There were/are quite a bit negative reviews about the film, particularly on the subject of Holocaust. Two key criticisms (from what I understand):

* The critics who dislike(or hate) the film because it humanizes Hanna, a character they deem as evil because she was once a SS guard and was directly responsible for the death of 300 Jewish women.

* The film is viewed as a Holocaust film thus the lack of Jewish suffering visibly shown in the film is considered moral ambiguity on the part of the film makers

I absolutely love this film and consider it the best film of 2008 (out of the 5 Oscar nominated films, I also saw Slumdog and Benjamin Button). The Reader has depth and many layers to the story. The film makers deliberately gave no answers thus left the audience pondering on the subject and draw their own conclusions. I can talk about this film for hours.

I haven't seen Revolutionary Road (RR). But some do view Kate's performance in RR more superior than the one in the Reader. The Academy certainly thought otherwise. The studio campaigned to classify Kate in the Reader as the Supporting Actress which earned her a Golden Globe. But the Academy loved her performance in the Reader so much that they pulled her out of the Supporting category and into the Leading actress to where she truly belongs.

I hope the film does much better in Germany. After all, it is a German story..
Nach oben Nach unten
Nick
Neu
Neu
Nick

Männlich
Anzahl der Beiträge : 13

BeitragThema: Re: the reader's succes in us?   the reader's succes in us? EmptyMi Feb 25, 2009 4:42 pm

I hope too that there will be much succes in germany and i hope the oscar for kate will give the film a little push in us and around the world.

I have just finshed the film.Of course the english version coz the german will start today Wink

I'm deply impressed from the film, Kate and especial David. I have to say that there are some parts where i had to cry a little bit(and yes i'm a man or some sort of it Razz)

I think both David and Kate did an outstanding performance and she really deserved to got the Oscar!!

Maybe it's because i'm a german but i'm a little bit sad because i think that David and his performance was not honored enough. For example if you look at the trailers they campaign with Kate and Ralph but no word about David. His name is only in the German trailer and also not on the movieposters i have see on the i-net. Ralph did a nice job but David did it really great and he have the more important part. Ofcourse you have to campaign with a Oscar winner but is it that difficult to write the name of a mainactor on the poster and the trailer?
I think also that an oscarnominaten would not been that wrong but here i'm maybe not much objective Razz
Nach oben Nach unten
genieinabottle
David Fan
David Fan
genieinabottle

Anzahl der Beiträge : 102

BeitragThema: Re: the reader's succes in us?   the reader's succes in us? EmptyMi Feb 25, 2009 8:15 pm

Nick,
I couldn't agree with you more about David deserving more recognition. You and I are not alone. If you visit two discussion boards at the IMDB.com, the Reader board and David’s board, you’ll see many people recognize David’s superb performance in The Reader. Many consider him more outstanding than Ralph and that he deserves an Oscar nomination! The Academy is a funny bunch of artists. Fairness is a very subjective word. But I assure you many English articles/critics recognize David as an upcoming star.. in making.

The only reason all the posters campaign Ralph vs David who is obviously the lead in this film is name recognition. David is unknown outside of Germany and he is only 18. You’ll find a thread in David or the Reader’s board at IMDB that people are voicing exactly the same complaint – a new comer who more than held his own scene after scene with Kate Winslet but was not even acknowledged in the Poster!

David’s time will come. He is a true talent, a rare find, if you ask me. I’m certain we’ll see him getting an Oscar nomination one day, maybe even the Golden man himself!

I would love to visit any discussion board like the IMDB version in Germany. I think it’ll be very interesting to see from a very German perspective. The Reader is the best film of 2008 in my book!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: the reader's succes in us?   the reader's succes in us? Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

the reader's succes in us?
Seite 1 von 1

Befugnisse in diesem ForumSie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten
David Kross :: English Area :: David-
Gehe zu: